This policy describes:
· Personal Information We Collect
· How We Collect Your Personal Information;
· How We Use Your Personal Information;
· How Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties;
· How We Protect Your Information
· California Privacy Rights
· Changes to the Policy; and
· Questions About This Policy
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal information,” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to any individual or a household. It does not include anonymous or aggregated data that cannot be associated with an individual or household.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
· Identifiers such as first name, maiden name, last name, alias, username or similar unique personal identifier, account name, online identifier, social security number, driver’s license number or other government ID, date of birth, mother’s maiden name, marital status, and identifiers for family members.
· Contact Information such as current address, previous address, billing address, email address, telephone numbers, and emergency contact information and relationship.
· Financial Information such as bank account number, routing number, credit or debit card number, and payment details.
· Commercial Information such as details about payments to and from you, other details of products and services you have purchased from us, or payment history.
· Professional or Employment-Related Information such as your current employer, salary and employment status.
· Vehicle Information such as the type, make, model, year, color, and license plate number for you and any family members living with you.
· Pet Information such as the name, type, breed, color, weight, age, license number, vet information, vaccination and rabies shot records, microchip details for any family pets.
· Audio, electronic, and visual information such as call and video recordings.
· Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services.
· Usage Data includes information about how you use our Services.
· Marketing and Communications Information such as marketing campaign data, click throughs, your preferences and consent in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered Personal Information as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Children’s Privacy. The Services are intended for adult use only and is not directed towards children, minors, or anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with any Personal Information. To the extent that we receive Personal Information of a child under 13 from their parent or guardian, we do not sell this information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information from a variety of sources and methods. This includes:
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
You may give us your Personal Information by filling in forms, filling out a rental application or lease, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, text, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
· Submit a Request for Information form or Guest Card
· Submit a contact form
· Call, email, or text us
· Fill out a rental application
· Sign a lease
· Create an account on our Resident Portal
· Request maintenance or repair services
· Order or purchase other products and services
· Attend our events where we collect information about you
· Submit a review or testimonial
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Automated technologies or interactions. As is true of most websites, we receive and store certain types of Personal Information whenever you interact with us online. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. When you access and use our Services from your mobile devices, we receive data from that mobile device. This may include your device ID, location data, IP address and device type. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We collect Personal Information from various third parties, including those listed below. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information received from third parties is governed by the privacy policies listed on the website where the information was submitted by the user. Third parties may send their own cookies and pixel tags to you, and may collect information and use it in a way inconsistent with this Policy. Please carefully review these third-party privacy policies to understand how your information may be collected, used and disclosed by these third parties.
Third Party Service Providers. We collect Personal Information from service providers including where we operate accounts on third-party platforms, such as online application submission and management platforms, email platforms, and social media platforms.
Third Party Advertising Partners. We collect Personal Data received from third party advertising partners, including partners who host and manage various advertisements and online forms where you can request additional information.
Google Analytics. We use third party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding our website visitors. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting our website. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles Aggregate Data about website traffic and interactions, which we use to offer better user experiences and tools in the future. For more information on Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com/analytics.
Third Party Cookies. We may engage third-party service providers, including Google, Facebook, and Instagram to serve ads to you about our products and services as you browse the Internet. These third-party providers may use their own cookies tags to track your online activities and purchases in order to deliver targeted advertising based on your interests. You can learn more about Google’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/. You can learn more about Facebook’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting https://www.facebook.com/policy/cookies/. You can learn about Instagram’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting. Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including the Services, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com. Other third party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary purpose for collecting Personal Information is to provide you with products and services you request. We may also use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
· To provide you with information, products and/or services you request
· To process rental applications
· To run credit checks in connection with your rental application
· To generate leases for our tenants
· To manage our properties and our customer relationship with you
· To communicate with individuals in written, electronic, and verbal form
· To provide maintenance and repair services
· To obtain payment for services that we provide to you, including your rental payments
· For our internal marketing purposes, which include, but are not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you
· To customize the advertising and content you see
· For internal business purposes such as complying with our internal policies or improving our Services
· To analyze how our Services are being accessed and used
· To verify information
· To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims
· As necessary to comply with legal requirements, to enforce our lease terms, to prevent fraud, to co-operate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities
· For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy and with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in order to provide you with our Services and perform any contract we enter into with them or you.
Information You Instruct Us to Share. You may be presented with an option on our Service to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties.
Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain business services on behalf of us or the Service, and may disclose Personal Information to such service providers as needed for them to perform these business services. Service providers are only allowed to use, disclose or retain the Personal Information to provide these services and are prohibited from selling Personal Information. Business services provided include, but are not limited to, maintenance and repair services, hosting services, software as a service, document management services, communications services such as email, text, and chat services, software and website development services, collection services, accounting and audit services, compliance services, quality control services, analytics services, call center services, housing services, marketing services, employment and employment verification services.
Internal Third Parties. We may share Personal Information with our parent company, subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Rose Valley who may use the Personal Information for the purposes described above.
Business Transactions. We may do business with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your Personal Information in the same way as set out in this Policy.
Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Sales of Personal Information. Like most companies, we allow certain third party advertising partners to place tracking technology such as cookies and pixels on our websites. This technology allows these advertising partners to receive information about your activities on our website, which is then associated with your browser or device. These companies may use this data to serve you more relevant ads as you browse the internet. Under some state laws, sharing data for online advertising may be considered a “sale” of information. Except for this limited sharing, Rose Valley does not sell any of your information. Please note that these cookies will be temporarily disabled until we can implement an opt out management system.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We endeavor to incorporate reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. It may be possible for third parties to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Rose Valley may modify or update this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to revisit this page often to remain fully informed of our Policy or you can contact us at any time to obtain the latest copy of this Policy. Where changes to this Privacy will have a fundamental impact on the nature of how we collect, use, or share your data, Rose Valley will give advance notice of such changes.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
For questions or comments regarding our Policy, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; and other similar information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.